Pelican Lake Township
PELICAN LAKE TOWNSHIP
Pelican Lake Township was organized January 4, 1876 and named for the large flocks of pelicans that came to the Pelican Lake. Early settlers were K.N.O. Melby, Iver G. Holt, Andrew J. Holt, Peter Sorkness, John Stene, Thomas Gulickson, Gunder Gulickson, John Houston, John Newman, Abner Newman, L.M. Phinney, Charles Phinney, Jacob Halseth, Martin Jacobson, Gunder Gunderson, and Hans Kjorven.
C = Cemeteries. Some cemeteries were established next to a church; some were several miles apart from each other. They are noted by early names.
S = School, noted by District Number.
School District # 7
Cemetery – Pelican Lake
School District # 8
Cemetery – Burns – Field
Cemetery – Fort Pomme de Terre
School District # 9
Below are articles and photos of early settlers as submitted by family members. To see them, click on the name.